Friday, September 12, 2008

20 miler out of the way

I guess you can say that Marathon Training really hits you, the first week you do 20 miles in one run and 38 total miles for the week.

With my China trip over the last 10 days, I've logged a lot of treadmill miles and today was the first day on the streets since the 12 miler last Monday.

Did the 20 miler today through Brooklyn.. 3:08 total time which was OK considering I got off a plane about 15 hours before I started.    HR was at about 157 (mostly because of the last hour).

1's hour was right on pace for 3 hours (did 6.7 miles)
2nd hour was fine also (13.2 miles total)
3rd hour was where I fell apart (was only at mile 19 when hour 3 hit)

stopped at two shops late in the run for Gatorade (not water at all along this route which makes it really difficult).  Also realized that I forgot to take my gel until after hour 2.   This could have given me some energy.

Legs are pretty beat right now, glad to have tomorrow off.   But the training is 40 miles for the next three weeks so no sleep till Brooklyn.


Last week (mostly in China ran the following)
Monday 12 (in Brooklyn)
Tuesday off (flight)
Wednesday 5
Thursday 5
Friday 5
Saturday 5
Sunday 3
Total of 35 for the week

Then this week
Monday 6
Tuesday 4
Wednesday 3.5
Thursday off (flight)
Friday 20
Saturday off
Sunday ...  expect to do 4.5  for a total of 38 this week.

No comments: