Monday, September 29, 2008

20 miler

So wanted to give everybody an update on the Marathon training.. Completed my second 20 miler this past weekend in 3:08 which was a bit slower than I would have preferred but considering the rain and the humidity on Saturday morning I really couldn't complain. Splits were a bit over (1:32 for the first 10 and 1:36 for the second 10). But hit the 13 mile point right at 2 hours..



I also wanted to thank everybody for all the support with both the Team for Kids charity, I've raised a ton of money for a great cause and an excellent organization all from the help of my friends and family. Of course thank you all also for all your support of me through the training which has been a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, (mainly because of 12 days in China smack in the middle of it which I still don't seem to have recovered from properly). With all that said, I'd recommend you all to train for and run a marathon one day, it's a humbling experience but the results are fantastic.



As for the training, I have one more long run to go (20 miler the weekend of October 12th) and then of course the marathon.



In order to tuneup for the marathon will do a half-marathon in Central Park this Saturday.

No comments: