Monday, September 1, 2008

12 miler before I leave for China

As most of you know, I'm off to China tomorrow and wanted to get this week's long run out of the way before I left, as I am not sure how easy it will be to find decent running paths, clean air and time for runs and recovery.

Did the 18.4 miler on Thursday, took Friday off and then ran 4.6 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday preparing myself for today.

got out a bit late (crazy Trivial Pursuit with friends last night) but did get all 12 miles in. Basically ran a shorter version of the 15 mile run by heading straight down 5th avenue to the Verrazano Bridge, up the running path and then back up 4th avenue to the apartment..

Did it in 1 hour and 48 minutes (9 minute mile) but have been having a really hard time with the heart rate as my Reebok watch has been giving me a lot of trouble.. I have to think that I was somewhere in the 152 range again but not 100% sure..

I do continue to have problems when I hit 4th avenue and needing water.. i stopped in at another Bodega for Gatorade but I just can't keep my fuelbelt cold enough to really help me after 1 hour of running. Warm liquid just doesn't do it for me. Jumped into an ice bath afterward (bad life) but my legs feel good and I'm happy to report that another long run is behind me.


will go for a 5 miler tomorrow before going to the airport. This way I'll have 17 out of the 35 miles finished before I get onto the plane.. Keep you guys up to date in China.

No comments: