Friday, August 29, 2008

18 Miler behind me

With my trip to China coming up, I had to make some updates on the running schedule this week.

I decided to do two 4 milers on Monday and Tuesday (although I ran the 12 on Saturday and a 4.67 on Sunday)..  Took Wednesday off and then set off to do my 18 miler on Thursday.

The run took me through Prospect Park,down Ocean Parkway to Coney Island.. From there I jumped onto Neptune avenue and then up to the path next to the Belt Parkway..  Took that underneath the Verrazano Bridge and up to 68th street where I ran to 4th avenue up to 6th street when a lower leg cramp got the best of me.

total run 18.40 miles.   Total time 2:44.  AHR was tricky because my cheap Reebox watch gave out for a little while but I have to imagine somewhere in the 155 range.

Was a nice run. Splits were decent (1:18.45 for the first 9 and 1:20:15 for the second 9).   It wasn't terribly hot or humid but the clear blue sky did not leave me much protection against the sun.   I also got some nasty arm chafing but i'm sure that will be discussed on TakeOnRighetti.  

I'll try to post the course from mapmyrun.com later today.

thanks for all the support guys

No comments: